- To ensure that all members of the club, adults or children, have a clear understanding of our agreed code of behaviour.
- All children coming to the club have a right to participate and enjoy what is on offer without fear of intimidation, harassment, physical or verbal abuse.
- We strive to promote behaviour that encourages respect for each individual, co-operation with each other and opportunities for play within a safe and caring environment.
- Racism, sexism and other kinds of discriminatory behaviour will be challenged and will not be allowed to continue within the play setting.
- To ensure that any disciplinary measures that may need to be used are clearly understood by all and are consistently applied.
As members of staff we undertake to:
- Be positive, consistent, fair and thorough in all investigations.
- Encourage, support and praise positive behaviour.
- Consistently maintain accepted standards of behaviour, politeness, good manners and respect for others and to report any incidents of racism/discrimination to the play leader who will maintain a record of such incidents.
- Provide an attractive, peaceful, secure, yet stimulating environment.
- Draw up and negotiate a set of ground rules at the start of each year with the children.
- Be a positive role model for the children with regard to friendliness, care and courtesy.
When a child misbehaves the following procedure will be applied:
- Staff member deals directly with the child in an appropriate manner.
- If breakages occur parent/carer will be required to pay for replacements.
- Staff member consults with senior member of staff if the unacceptable behaviour persists.
- Senior staff member approaches parent/carer to discuss possible reasons and solutions if the child continues to misbehave.
- Senior staff member informs the committee of the situation. With parents/carers consent talks to outside agencies i.e. school to discuss possible reasons for continuous misbehaviour and to look into strategies to promote positive behaviour.
- If the child continues to misbehave the Chairperson/Manager and parent/carer will meet formally to discuss the options available for the child.